The Darkest Horse™ represents people like us!
The Darkest Horse represents people who have been marginalized and/or underestimated based on their intersectional identities -- women, racial/ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+, veterans, people with disabilities, neurodiverse, formerly incarcerated, immigrants, first-generation students, just to name a few -- who have resiliently turned their adversities into their competitive advantage and are on their way to winning the race!
We were brought together by our shared interests and passion to challenge the status quo, and we find our strength in the differences between us and how we see the world. We proudly celebrate our difference and encourage our clients + partners to do the same!
Rada Yovovich, MBA
She / Her
Coach, Facilitator, Trainer
Trained Meta-Coach in Goleman Emotional Intelligence Certification
Built and led teams in healthcare services, tech, and consulting companies
Founded and led diversity initiatives and resource groups as employee
MBA from Wharton
Queer, hearing-impaired, female
Chanté Martinez Thurmond, MA, BSN, RYT-200
She / Ella
DEI Talent Strategist
Organizational Leadership & Development Consultant
Emerging Tech & Digital Health Innovation Executive Search x5 years
BSN with Community Health, Reproductive Justice, Somatic Healing and Holistic Health & Wellbeing Expertise
Black-Latinx, Neurodiverse, mother of twins
He / They
- Creative Strategist, Designer, Poet
- Experienced Facilitator in DEIA, Corporate Strategy + Innovation, Human-Centered Design
- Masters from MIT
- Former IDEO Fellow +
- Deloitte Strategy & Ops Consultant
- Queer, Desi Immigrant, Cismale
She / Her / Elle
- Content Writer, Translator, Editor, Project Manager, Events Producer
- 10 + years of experience in International Affairs
- Former United Nations Associate Political Affairs Officer + Human Rights Officer
- Master of International Relations + Graduated from the Paris Institute of Culture and Arts Management
- Master thesis on sexual violence against women and girls in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- French, Single Mother to a Multiracial Teenage Girl
She / They
- Blockchain Technology Educator + Healthcare Marketing Expert
- MPH in Social Epidemiology from Columbia
- As an employee, worked with executive teams across multiple companies to develop DEIA strategies and education
- Queer, Asian-American, Neurodiverse, Indie Filmmaker
We work from the inside out to go beyond where traditional DEIA consultants do by focusing on internal culture and ways of working AND helping you infuse inclusion principles into what you create -- your products, services and offerings
How we do it:
Self-awareness, emotional regulation, and the ability to understand others are critical skills for internalizing inclusive norms, and for inspiring transformative leadership.
Trauma can range from an interpersonal to a sociopolitical experience. Oppression (and specifically racism) is an example of both. In order to engage people from a wide range of identities, we must understand how trauma affects challenging topics like identity and systems of inequity.
We partner with organizations that seek to go beyond the status quo to envision and actualize possibilities for the world we seek to create.